Dr. Jeff Knight is a chiropractic physician who works to help people tap into their natural ability to heal. His multi-therapeutic approach includes functional medicine, functional neurology, muscle activation, brain and cellular detox, and more. Today I’m talking to Dr. Jeff about a much-requested and highly controversial topic that every parent has had to weigh: vaccination.
Yep… we’re going there!
Let me start by saying that our goal in this episode is not to discuss whether to vaccinate or not. Instead, we’re bringing up important questions to consider so we can give vaccines the same careful thought we give to other areas of health. Bottom line, we’re certainly not judging any parents for their decisions one way or the other, since we are all trying to educate ourselves and do what’s best.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Jeff Knight
- Whether or not vaccines have anything to do with autism
- Genetic factors that determine how well we detoxify from heavy metals
- What makes certain children more susceptible to vaccine injury
- How generational toxins are passed down from parent to child
- The concept of herd immunity and some important questions to ask
- Whether we can “overuse” vaccines the way we have antibiotics, and why this is a tough question to answer
- Homeoprophylaxis: is it a viable vaccine alternative?
- The role of parents in the vaccine decision & how to get educated
- The detox protocol Dr. Jeff follows for a child with vaccine injury
- Whether there are other safe and effective ways to provide immunity
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- True Chiro North (Dr. Jeff Knight’s practice)
- James Maskell
- Vaccines Revealed documentary (Dr. Patrick Gentempo)
- Truth About Vaccines documentary
- Dr. Pompa detox
More From Wellness Mama
- Episode 100 AMA: Your Questions Answered on Circumcision, Vaccines, CBD & More
- 92: A Holistic Pediatrician Talks Ear Infections, Fevers, & Vaccines
- 113: Toxic Metals That Cause Fatigue and How to Detox Them
- 134: Five Benefits of Fasting, Autophagy, Diet Variation & Cellular Healing with Dr. Daniel Pompa
- 210: Why Most Detox Methods Are Dangerous & What to Do Instead With Dr. Shayne Morris
- Is the Flu Shot Safe?
- How to Detox Heavy Metals Safely (& Get More Energy)
Did we miss a question you wanted answered? Let us know! Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Ritual Vitamins which are specifically designed just for women. Ritual contains nine essential nutrients that most women don’t get enough of from just from food: vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), folate, vegan D3, vitamin K2, vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, boron, chelated iron and a proprietary form of magnesium. Ritual supplies them in forms that are easily absorbed and utilized, and all the capsules are vegan, gluten-free, allergen free and non-GMO. They have both a prenatal and a regular women multivitamin both designed specifically for women and synergistic for women hormones. Did you know that 40% of women can’t properly use folic acid due to an MTHFR gene variation? Ritual contains a natural form of folate and synergistic nutrients so the entire multi is more effective. In pregnancy especially, folate is vital… According to OBGYN Dr. Jason Rothbart, “most women don’t find out they are pregnant until around 4-7 weeks pregnant, which is past the first 28 days. In the first 28 days, the organs are rapidly forming. The neural tube (which becomes the central nervous system and vertebral column) is almost completely formed and closed by the end of 28 days.” The essential nutrient folate helps promote healthy development neural tube. This is why many doctors recommend taking a quality prenatal for several months before trying to get pregnant. Ritual makes it easy with both a prenatal and regular women multivitamin. Learn more about both at wellnessmama.com/go/ritual
This podcast is sponsored by SteadyMD, the innovative new way that I found and connect with my primary care doctor using concierge medicine. The idea of concierge medicine used to be something reserved for celebrities and the ultra rich, and it didn’t seem accessible to the rest of us. The concept is great — having a doctor who you know and trust and who knows your medical history always available when you need him/her. I’ve loved the idea of it for years, and was so excited when I finally found an affordable and personalized option that made this available to everyone. Think about this… we can do almost everything else virtually these days… The digital aspect makes it affordable…$169/month for a family plan two parents and all kids. This also allows the doctors to take fewer patients so they have more time and attention for each patient. Essentially, it feels like the modern equivalent of a country medicine doctor who comes to your house when you have a medical need. Except it makes the best use of technology so we get instant access instead via text, email or even video chat. Find out more about how it works and take their free quiz to get matched with a doctor that fits your needs at steadymd.com/wellnessmama