Do we need to be afraid of EMFs? I’ve asked this question on the podcast before, but today Peter Sierck of EMFRF.com weighs in. Peter is a consultant who uses his 30 years of experience in electromagnetic field surveys to design low EMF buildings for commercial and residential clients. His daily work involves measuring and testing EMF and RF frequencies and finding ways to reduce, direct, or shield them.
Sounds like the right person to ask! I can’t wait to hear his take on this tricky topic.
EMF-RF Shielding: Do We Need It?
With technology changing at the speed of light, it’s tough to keep up and figure out the best (and safest) ways to use it in our homes and everyday lives. The debate continues if there’s real reason to be concerned about the electromagnetic fields and radio frequencies our light bulbs, electric wiring, cell phones, computers, game stations, and now even some new “smart” appliances emit. But as this list grows, it pays to be aware.
I’ve tried things like EMF-blocking cell phone covers and laptop shields, and I’m interested to hear what Peter recommends for the rest of the house as well.
If you’ve ever worried about the health risks of cell phones, wireless routers, cell phone towers, or smart meters and wished you could get the facts without any hype, this episode is definitely for you!
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- what EMFs are and how they affect us in our daily lives
- the difference between EMF (electromagnetic frequencies) and RF (radio frequencies)
- why not all EMF/RFs are the same
- the best types of meters to get an EMF reading on your house
- what you need to know about smart meters
- why wiring errors in your house could be a hidden health problem, and how to spot them
- EMF/RF shielding materials and how to use them
- the real reason you may want to turn off the video games
- the potential problem with earthing and grounding
- why you should spend a ton of time barefoot outside all year
- tips for building a new home if you want to keep it EMF-safe
Resources We Mention:
Learn more about Peter Sierck and his work at EMFRF.com
- The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs: How to Fix Our Stupid Use of Technology by Nicolas Pineault
- EMF/RF meter
For More on This Topic, See:
- 73: The Truth About EMFs, WiFi, and Radiation (+ How to Avoid Them!)
- 120: A Real-Life Approach to Reducing EMFs With Dr. Libby Darnell
- 110: How Vibrational Frequencies Affect Our Daily Lives
- Is EMF Exposure Really a Big Deal?
- Earthing & Grounding: Legit or Hype? (How to & When Not To)
Have you ever felt affected by EMF “pollution”? Do you have questions we didn’t address? Let me know in a comment below, or leave me a review on iTunes. I read each and every one, and my guests often do too and might answer your questions!
Many Thanks to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Air Doctor. Did you know that the air inside our homes can be up to 500 times as dirty as the air outside? It can be filled with harmful VOC’s, allergens, bacteria and more. I’ve been looking for an air filter that filters out all of these substances, is quiet, and that doesn’t break the bank. The Air Doctor filter meets all my criteria. It removes almost 100% of particles from the air, including VOCs, pollen, pet dander, animal hair, mold spores, dust, cigarette and cigar smoke, viruses, germs, and bacteria. One of my favorite things about it is what they call auto mode where the fan speed basically adjusts to the appropriate level based on the current air condition in the home. I know air filters can be pricey which is why I’ve teamed up with Air Doctor to get a massive discount for listeners. You can get 50% off right now by going to wellnessmama.com/go/air-doctor to get the limited-time discount.
This podcast is brought to you by Paleovalley. They make grass-fed beef and now pastured turkey sticks that are high in protein and nutrients and also a good source of probiotics because they’re naturally fermented. Their products are absolutely delicious and individually packaged for on-the-go (no refrigeration needed!). We bring these along whenever we travel and our kids love them. Wellness Mama listeners can get 20% off of any order at wellnessmama.com/go/paleovalley.