Today’s episode will be very helpful for anyone with autoimmune disease (or any chronic health problem). Aimee Raupp is an expert in women’s health and she takes an important and unusual approach: focusing on the mind/body connection first and foremost.
Her approach offers hope to those who have tried all the dietary, lifestyle, and supplemental options but still don’t feel their best. She makes a compelling case for why how we feel and think has such a dramatic health impact, and what to do about it.
Body Belief: How the Mind Drastically Impacts the Body
Aimee is a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist and she holds a Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine. Her holistic background helped her realize that many things modern medicine labels as “incurable” can be reversed, but it takes a more in-depth approach than just medicine or even just diet.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- the root causes of autoimmunity
- what’s causing the autoimmune epidemic
- why the mind-body connection is so important to healing, but why it is often discounted
- the beliefs that we have to let go of/detox from
- what the most common health-thwarting beliefs are and how to start transforming thoughts
- Aimee’s favorite “renewed beliefs” that help radically shift health
- why it isn’t just possible, but doable, to feel better that we currently do
- how to start a habit of health-promoting thoughts
Resources We Mention
- Her newest Book: Body Belief: How to Heal Autoimmune Diseases, Radically Shift Your Health, and Learn to Love Your Body More
- Book: Yes, You Can Get Pregnant: Natural Ways to Improve Your Fertility Now and into Your 40s
- Book: Chill Out and Get Healthy: Live Clean to Be Strong and Stay Sexy
Other Topics We Mention & Related Episodes
- Natural cleaning tips and recipes
- Branch Basics natural cleaner
- 115: Decoding Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Tom O’Bryan
- 25: Autoimmunity, GMOs & Food as Medicine
- 30 Day Reset Autoimmune Diet Recipes
- My 30-Day Reset Autoimmune Diet Plan
- 18: Thyroid Health & Autoimmune Disease
- 53: Does Leaky Gut Cause Autoimmunity?
- 74: Dr. Izabella Wentz on Improving Hashimotos in As Little As Two Weeks
- How to Know If You Have Hashimoto’s Disease (& What to Do)
Do you struggle with autoimmune disease or any chronic illness? Share your story in the comments below! And please, take two minutes to leave a review on iTunes. I value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast, too!
A Big Thank You to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. My kitchen is always stocked with their coffee mushroom blends, their Matcha mix, and their straight mushroom drinks. Four Sigmatic has figured out how to get the benefits of mushrooms like chaga, lions mane, cordyceps and reishi into delicious instant drinks. My current favorite is their adaptogen coffee blend that has tolsi and astragalus. But I love all of their products. They have options with or without caffeine so if you’re not a caffeine person you can find products that you will love. And I find that even their coffee blends that do contain caffeine have less than a normal cup of coffee. But don’t let this fool you. I have found that I get so much more focus and mental clarity from these mushroom blends than I do from regular coffee, and without the jitters. The addition of the mushrooms, which are considered nootropics, meaning that they are good for the brain makes these super food blends more effective and much healthier than just regular old coffee. I love them with a dash of macadamia milk personally. I also love that many of their drink mixes are instant and packaged into individual servings so they are perfect for travel or on the go. If you’re listening to this, then you can get a special offer just for listeners of this podcast by going to wellnessmama.com/go/four-sigmatic.
This podcast is brought to you by Beekeepers Naturals. Our healing relationship with bees goes way back. Humans have been benefiting from bees and their nourishing superfoods since prehistoric times, from Cleopatra using honey to keep her youthful glow to Hippocrates prescribing propolis to cure everything from sores to bacterial infection. Beekeepers Naturals is dedicated to bringing the age-old benefits of bee products to modern times. They offer really high quality propolis, royal jelly, bee pollen, raw honey, and many other products. And all of these are sustainably sourced from a company that is dedicated to protecting and improving the bee population. My personal favorites are their propolis spray, which helped me head off a scratchy throat, and their B.LXR mix which is a mixture of all their bee products as a natural brain boost I use to stay sharp on busy days. You can check them out at wellnessmama.com/go/beekeepers.