I’m honored to have Dr. Jeoff Drobot, one of the founders and medical directors of the American Center for Biological Medicine in Scottsdale, Arizona, on the podcast today. If you haven’t ever heard of biological medicine you’re probably not alone, but Dr. Jeff is here to explain how it differs from other forms of medicine and why he’s so passionate about it.
Dr. Jeoff has spent the last 20 years seeking out cutting-edge science and technology to assess and amplify human biology and physiology. Thanks to his work Dr. Jeoff is now considered a leading authority in biological medicine worldwide and ACBM is the largest and most comprehensive biological medicine facility in North America. (I really want to plan a visit!)
Is Biological Medicine for You?
So what is biological medicine? Here’s how the ACBM website explains it:
Inside your body are a multitude of biological processes, all working at the same time. The relationship between these processes determine how the body is able to defend and heal itself. Those doctors dedicated to Biological Medicine understand that the focus must be on identifying the problem processes within the body and not the symptoms that those processes are exhibiting.
Armed with this approach, Dr. Jeoff helps his patients with chronic and autoimmune treatments, detoxification, hormonal imbalance correction, and even customized sports medicine and nutrition. He’s a wealth of knowledge and I can’t wait to get started!
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- the differences between functional and biological medicine
- what teeth have to do with health (and why they are important in biological medicine)
- why chronic disease seems to be on the rise today
- medical conditions biological medicine can address
- how Dr. Jeoff approaches diagnostic tests and bloodwork differently from other doctors
- the way our bodies operate on electricity, and why it matters to health
- the promising field of pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF) and how to find it
- high-altitude oxygen training: what it is and how it works
- how IV therapy helps with leaky gut
- the limitations of supplements (and when they’re beneficial)
- Dr. Jeoff’s thoughts on what kind of diet is really best
- intermittent fasting and the right way to do it
- how to manage our hormones for optimal aging
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- The American Center for Biological Medicine
- The Body Electric: Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life by Robert Becker and Gary Selden
- The Longevity Diet: Discover the New Science Behind Stem Cell Activation and Regeneration to Slow Aging, Fight Disease, and Optimize Weight by Valter Longo
- Supplements for Children
- 94: Low Level Red Light Therapy for Cellular Health and Healing
- 113: Toxic Metals That Cause Fatigue & How to Detox Them
- 127: Using the Dental Diet to Reverse Dental Problems with Dr. Steven Lin
- 160: What the Heck Should I Actually Eat? With Dr. Mark Hyman
- How to Detox Heavy Metals Safely (& Get More Energy)
- How to Remineralize Teeth Naturally & Reverse Tooth Decay
- Earthing & Grounding: Legit or Hype? (How to & When Not To)
What alternative therapies have helped you? If you’ve tried any we covered in the podcast, I’d love to hear your experience. And please, take two minutes to leave a review on iTunes. I value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Many Thanks to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. My kitchen is always stocked with their coffee mushroom blends, their Matcha mix, and their straight mushroom drinks. Four Sigmatic has figured out how to get the benefits of mushrooms like chaga, lions mane, cordyceps and reishi into delicious instant drinks. My current favorite is their adaptogen coffee blend that has tolsi and astragalus. But I love all of their products. They have options with or without caffeine so if you’re not a caffeine person you can find products that you will love. And I find that even their coffee blends that do contain caffeine have less than a normal cup of coffee. But don’t let this fool you. I have found that I get so much more focus and mental clarity from these mushroom blends than I do from regular coffee, and without the jitters. The addition of the mushrooms, which are considered nootropics, meaning that they are good for the brain makes these super food blends more effective and much healthier than just regular old coffee. I love them with a dash of macadamia milk personally. I also love that many of their drink mixes are instant and packaged into individual servings so they are perfect for travel or on the go. If you’re listening to this, then you can get a special offer just for listeners of this podcast by going to wellnessmama.com/go/four-sigmatic.
This podcast is brought to you by Phat Fudge. If you’ve never tried it, this is essentially coffee meets fudge meets energy bomb and it’s delicious! Invented by my friend Mary Shenouda, this on-the-go food is nutrient dense and delicious. I often travel with a few of these in my suitcase for a quick breakfast or meal if there aren’t good food options whenever I’m traveling. Wellness Mama listeners can get a 20% off discount with the code “wellnessmama” at wellnessmama.com/go/phat-fudge.