This Greek inspired meatloaf reminds me of the Gyro meat I often ate during my time in Europe. It uses flavors such as lemon, fennel, and mint to make a fragrant and delicious meatloaf. You can also make a meatball version that cooks more quickly and makes a wonderful appetizer.
I pair this meatloaf with a Greek yogurt cucumber sauce and a salad with fennel greens for a full Greek inspired meal. Now to eventually actually make it to Greece one day!
Greek Meatloaf Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the meatloaf. Add extra almond flour if needed to make it thick enough to form into meat balls.
- Form into a loaf shape and place in a loaf pan or in the middle of a baking dish with a rim around the sides.
- Place in the preheated oven for approximately 45-60 minutes or until cooked through.
- While cooking, mix together the ingredients for the yogurt sauce.
- Serve the meatloaf with the yogurt sauce and a salad on the side.
How do you make meatloaf? Share below!