I love chia seeds and use them all the time. Chia seeds are mini powerhouses packing more calcium than milk, more antioxidants than blueberries and more Omega-3 than Salmon.
Their texture can take a little getting used to, but they are so versatile and are a great protein-packed addition to many recipes because of their ability to thicken and gel.
What is Chia Pudding?
Chia seed pudding is a simple and delicious way to easily get the benefits of chia seeds. It takes minutes to make and has enough protein and nutrients to be a quick, on-the-go breakfast option.
Personally, I love this with some chopped soaked nuts, fresh fruit or even chocolate shavings for breakfast or a delicious low-sugar dessert.
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Yield 4 servings
Delicious and healthy chia seed pudding packed with protein, Omega-3, antioxidants and calcium that you can make in under 5 minutes. Basic recipe here, but see variations above.
- 2 cups coconut milk (homemade or natural)
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (or less) maple syrup (or sub any sweetener)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- For Blended/Smooth Version: Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth.
- For Whole Chia Seed Version: Blend all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender until smooth (including any added flavors, fruits or chocolate). Whisk in chia seeds.
- Pour mixture into a jar or glass container and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let gel. Stir or whisk a few times within the first hour to help it gel evenly. I prefer to make this at night to have ready for a fast breakfast the next day. It is also great to make in the morning for a delicious pre-made dessert at night.