I get a lot of emails asking natural fertility questions, and I recently had the chance to read and review this book: Naturally Knocked Up, which is a great resource for couples who are trying to conceive.
Written by blogger Donielle Baker, who blogs at NaturallKnockedUp.com, it is an easy to understand and comprehensive resource for naturally supporting fertility with food, supplements, and lifestyle factors.
Donielle is an amateur herbalist and has overcome infertility struggles herself and now has two little ones. She writes with compassion and hope for couples facing the same struggles she did and provides easy to understand steps to make improvement.
With infertility now striking one in six couples, this information is so important! I continue to keep getting emails on fertility related questions and have seen first hand what a difference nutrition, supplements, and lifestyle changes can make for those struggling with fertility. The body naturally wants to be healthy and fertile, but in a world where we are constantly bombarded by toxins in our food, air, water, and environment, it can be an uphill battle. The good news is that the body is, in most cases, capable of improving it’s own fertility and functioning optimally when given the right support.
What Naturally Knocked Up Addresses:
Naturally Knocked Up addresses many factors of male and female fertility to help couples improve their chances of conception. Even for those not struggling with infertility, the tips in this book are a great resource to help improve the chance of a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. In Naturally Knocked Up Donielle talks about:
- Foods that are cleansing to the body
- Ways to reduce chemical exposure in the home
- The right type of exercise for fertility and what to avoid
- How to use Natural Family Planning (which I use) techniques to improve odds of conception
- What foods are the most supportive of optimal hormone production and fertility
- Foods and factors that harm fertility
- An example of the optimal diet to eat to promote fertility
- Alternative therapies that can help boost fertility
- How stress can impact fertility and what to do about it
- Forming your own plan for optimal fertility
- Recipes for fertility boosting foods
If you’re struggling with infertility or even if you are just hoping to conceive soon, this book is a great resource for helping your body support healthy pregnancy and optimal fertility.
Have you ever struggled with infertility? Used any natural methods help you? Share below!