I’d been craving (leptin problem maybe?) some jerk chicken lately, probably because the flavors remind me of the beach, which is what I am really craving…
Anyway, since there are no places around here that can make good jerk chicken, I played around with recipes until I found this Caribbean jerk chicken recipe, which is Ah-Mazing! If you like these flavors I highly recommend trying this recipe!
Note: Flavors are best if you let the chicken marinate overnight before cooking. Recipe serves 4-6 people and makes great leftovers to scramble in eggs for breakfast or take for lunches on the go.
Caribbean Jerk Chicken Recipe
- If using a whole chicken, cut in half (see notes).
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken and rub in.
- In a food processor, combine all remaining ingredients and process until it forms a paste.
- Rub the jerk seasoning paste over the chicken halves.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least a few hours or overnight if you can.
- After the chicken is done marinating, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting dish and place in oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Remove from the bone and serve with vegetables.
Do you like Jamaican/Caribbean flavors? Ever been there? Share below!