This is a really easy slow cooker fajita chicken recipe that makes a versatile meal. It tastes very similar to the chicken used in Mexican restaurants in their chicken taco salads. My kids will eat it plain, but I like it on a large salad with avocado and sour cream!
This recipe also freezes and reheats extremely well so it makes a great packed lunch or can be doubled to have a quick meal later. I like to pack as a salad by placing some at the bottom of a quart mason jar, topping with sour cream, then salsa, then cheese, then avocado, then lettuce. It can be dumped upside down for a 2-second salad on-the-go.
Easy Fajita Chicken Recipe
Yield 6 cups
Easy fajita chicken recipe in a Crock-Pot!
- Put the chicken in a slow cooker and sprinkle with all the spices.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours until tender.
- Shred with forks before serving.
Serve slightly cooled chicken over salad with desired toppings such as avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, and additional salsa.
Serving Size ½ cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.4 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 583 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2.6 g
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 20.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Have any tricks for slow-cooker cooking? Like Mexican food? Share below!