This is one of those super-easy, but really impressive chicken recipes that even kids seem to enjoy because of the hidden ingredients inside. It’s also an easy chicken recipe to adapt and make grain free.
My kids ask for “Blue Chicken” often, and I hope you’ll enjoy it too! It takes a while to cook, but the end product is definitely worth it!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe (Gluten Free)
A healthy take on this delicious French favorite made with gluten free ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Carefully make a cut the chicken lengthwise to make a pocket, but do not all the way through.
- Roll each piece of cheese into a thin log, and make sure that it is shorter than the length of the chicken.
- Wrap each piece of ham around the cheese and roll it up, securing the ends so the cheese won’t ooze out.
- Spread the mustard and mayo inside the chicken.
- Place the ham and cheese roll inside the chicken.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg.
- On a plate, mix together the almond flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken first in the egg mixture and then in the almond flour to coat, making sure the seam is especially well coated.
- Place in a well greased oven safe baking dish.
- Put it in the oven for approximately 45-50 minutes or until completely cooked.
- When fully cooked, remove and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Feel free to use whatever spices you like in the almond flour breading.
Serving Size 1 breast
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 173 mg
Sodium 1486 mg
Total Carbohydrates 5.8 g
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 46.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What is your favorite chicken dish? Share below!