Ok, so I was just trying to make these sound fancy by calling them “appetizers”, but these are one of my favorite (and super easy) snacks. I’ve even eaten these as an entire lunch, and they really do make great appetizers for parties too!
A good source of protein over delicious, crisp and refreshing cucumber with a little bit of cream cheese for flavor and healthy fats. My children like to help make this recipe. They can slice cucumbers with a butter knife and like to help top with cream cheese and shrimp. If you don’t eat shrimp, you could substitute smoked salmon in its place.
You could probably figure them out just by looking at the picture, but here’s what you need:
Shrimp & Cucumber Appetizers
Yield 2 -4
A fresh and light appetizer of shrimp on top of cucumber slices with cream cheese.
- Peel the cucumber in alternating strips to leave a striped look on the outside.
- Slice the cucumber into ¼ to ½ inch slices and put on a plate.
- Mix the strained greek yogurt or cream cheese with the dill, salt, and pepper.
- Put a small amount of the yogurt mix on top of each piece of cucumber and top each one with a shrimp.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to six hours.
Serving Size 3
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.2 g
Saturated Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 149 mg
Sodium 267 mg
Total Carbohydrates 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 35.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What is your favorite easy snack idea? Let me know below!