I am a big fan of simple recipes. In many cases, I’m cooking while holding a baby or working with the older children.
My favorite recipes can be made in a single pan without any attention while cooking. This healthy berry cobbler recipe fits both of those categories.
We’ve made it several times lately, and it is delicious. I’ve now used up the last of our frozen berries from last summer, but thankfully berry season isn’t too far away and the strawberry plants should produce well this year!
If you are looking for a low-carb(ish), grain free, and sugar free (honey optional) dessert … try this one!
Healthy Berry Cobbler Recipe
A simple berry cobbler that is grain free, gluten free, dairy optional and sweetener optional. Bonus: it can easily be made in one pan in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 8×8 or larger baking dish.
- Place berries in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, coconut oil or butter, and vanilla with your hands until it makes a crumbly topping. You may need to adjust the almond flour up or down slightly, depending on the texture of the brand you use. If using steiva, you can add a small amount to the topping at this point.
- Using your hands, crumble the topping over the berries.
- Put dish into oven and cook for about 20 minutes if using fresh fruit or 30-40 minutes if using frozen fruit.
- Remove from oven when done and drizzle with organic honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Top with whipped cream if using.
Nutrition info below does not take into account added sweeteners or whipped cream
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.3 g
Saturated Fat 7.5 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carbohydrates 22.6 g
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 2.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What is your favorite desert?