I am a big fan of simple recipes. In many cases, I’m cooking while holding a baby or working with the older children.
My favorite recipes can be made in a single pan without any attention while cooking. This healthy berry cobbler recipe fits both of those categories.
We’ve made it several times lately, and it is delicious. I’ve now used up the last of our frozen berries from last summer, but thankfully berry season isn’t too far away and the strawberry plants should produce well this year!
If you are looking for a low-carb(ish), grain free, and sugar free (honey optional) dessert … try this one!
Healthy Berry Cobbler Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 8×8 or larger baking dish.
- Place berries in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, coconut oil or butter, and vanilla with your hands until it makes a crumbly topping. You may need to adjust the almond flour up or down slightly, depending on the texture of the brand you use. If using steiva, you can add a small amount to the topping at this point.
- Using your hands, crumble the topping over the berries.
- Put dish into oven and cook for about 20 minutes if using fresh fruit or 30-40 minutes if using frozen fruit.
- Remove from oven when done and drizzle with organic honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Top with whipped cream if using.
What is your favorite desert?