Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables, and adding Parmesan is one of my favorite ways to prepare it. If you’ve only ever had the canned version, then you have to try it freshly prepared … such a delicious difference!
In fact, my husband was convinced that he hated asparagus, because he’d only ever had it from a can growing up. When we got married and I made this Parmesan asparagus for him, he realized that he actually like it when it was properly prepared.
One of the best things about asparagus is how quickly it cooks and how versatile it is. I prefer Parmesan asparagus with hollandaise sauce, though it is great by itself. If you’re not a fan of asparagus, I’d encourage you to try it this way … you might change your mind! We often serve this with chicken marsala or chicken carbonara for a nutrient packed dinner.
Parmesan asparagus is now a regular side item at our house, especially on holidays, and I love including the leftovers with eggs Benedict for breakfast the next day.
Parmesan and Sea Salt Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Break the hard ends off asparagus. It will naturally break at this point if you gently bend it.
- Lay asparagus flat on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Parmesan and toss lightly to incorporate.
- Roast 15-20 minutes or until soft and just starting to brown.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Do you like asparagus? How do you prepare it? Share below!