Ribs are one of those foods that always intimidated me, and while I liked them, I was never brave enough to cook them for the first few years I was married. Then, one day, there was a huge sale on ribs at our local store, and having no better idea for dinner, I bought them. On the drive home, I realized that I didn’t have a grill at the time or a even a recipe for ribs, so after some online research, a slow cooker recipe was born. It turned out great and we’ve been cooking these ever since!
This is one of several variations that I make, and it might be my favorite. Adjust spices and sweetener to fit your own taste…
Slow Cooker Ribs Recipe
Yield 4 +
These delicious slow cooker ribs are simple to prepare and a great meal to come home to on a busy day.
- Cut the ribs into 3-4 rib sections so they will fit in the Crock-Pot.
- Dice the onion and place it at the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
- Sprinkle the ribs with chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and put them in the Crock-Pot on top of the onions.
- Ina small bow, mix together the tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire, liquid smoke, and sweetener if using and then pour evenly over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- Toss in sauce before serving.
Feel free to adjust the spiciness and sweetness levels up or down to create your ideal ribs!
Serving Size ¼ of total
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.6 g
Saturated Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Sodium 1252 mg
Total Carbohydrates 35.4 g
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
Sugars 28.5 g
Protein 16.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ever barbecued in your Crock-Pot? How did it turn out? Share your recipe below!