Coconut cream concentrate (also sometimes called coconut butter) is an incredibly tasty and filling way to get in your healthy fats from coconut! In essence, coconut cream concentrate or coconut butter is like a coconut version of peanut butter.
Coconut flesh is blended at high speeds to create a creamy, buttery consistency. It is dense, filling, and packed with protein and beneficial fats.
It is super easy to make and can be flavored with cocoa powder, nuts, dried fruit, etc. for yummy variations. If you like coconut at all, this is a great way to enjoy it!
Coconut Cream Ingredients
- dried, unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- coconut oil
- optional flavorings including: real vanilla extract, chopped nuts, raisins, cocoa powder, chia seeds
- food processor or high powered blender (I use a Vitamix)
- honey, maple syrup, or stevia for sweetness (optional)
Coconut Cream Concentrate Recipe
- Pulse the shredded coconut or coconut flakes in the blender or food processor. At first, it will be powdered, then it will start to stick to itself and become smooth like almond butter.
- When it starts to get thick, add 2 TBSP of melted coconut oil and keep blending until smooth.
- Add sweetener and mix until smooth.
- Add any flavorings and mix by hand.
This is one of my favorite ways to eat coconut. What’s yours?