Coconut cream concentrate (also sometimes called coconut butter) is an incredibly tasty and filling way to get in your healthy fats from coconut! In essence, coconut cream concentrate or coconut butter is like a coconut version of peanut butter.
Coconut flesh is blended at high speeds to create a creamy buttery consistency. It is dense, filling and packed with protein and beneficial fats.
It is super easy to make and can be flavored with cocoa powder, nuts, dried fruit, etc. for yummy variations. If you like coconut at all, this is a great way to enjoy it!
Coconut Cream Ingredients
- shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- coconut oil
- Optional flavorings including: real vanilla extract, chopped nuts, raisins, cocoa powder, chia seeds
- Food processor or high powered blender (I use a vita mix)
- Optional: honey, maple syrup, or stevia for sweetness
Coconut Cream Concentrate
Yield 1 cup
Make your own coconut cream concentrate or coconut butter with this simple recipe that uses just coconut, coconut oil and optional flavorings.
- Pulse the shredded coconut or coconut flakes in the blender or food processor. At first, it will be powdered, then it will start to stick to itself and become smooth like almond butter.
- When it starts to get thick, add 2 TBSP of melted coconut oil and keep blending until smooth. Add sweetener and mix until smooth.
- Add any flavorings and mix by hand.
- Store in a jar, in or out of the fridge or take as an on-the-go snack.
This is one of my favorite ways to eat coconut. What’s yours?