If you are as busy as I am, a meal that requires little attention and only needs one pan to cook makes life a little simpler. This recipe is also a delicious way to introduce Brussels sprouts (aka baby cabbages in our house) to your family if they haven’t had them before.
Oh, yeah, and it is really simple to make (and did I mention that it only uses one dish!!) My husband isn’t the biggest fan of chicken, but this is one way I make it that he actually not only tolerates, but enjoys it. If this isn’t your thing, check out my other simple recipe ideas to find one you love.
Easiest Roasted Chicken Recipe
Yield 1 chicken
Delicious roasted chicken with Brussels sprouts seasoned with fresh herbs and butter.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash the chicken and pat dry.
- Using your hands, rub butter over the outside of the chicken and place it in a roasting pan or 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the spices.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts around the chicken and baste chicken and sprouts with juices and more butter if desired.
- Roast an additional 10-20 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
You can use any spices you'd like to flavor this chicken.
Serving Size 1 breast + 7 sprouts
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 27.7 g
Saturated Fat 9.7 g
Cholesterol 137 mg
Sodium 588 mg
Total Carbohydrates 14.2 g
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 43.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What’s your easiest one pan meal idea? Let me know!