If you are as busy as I am, a meal that requires little attention and only needs one pan to cook makes life a little simpler. This recipe is also a delicious way to introduce Brussels sprouts (aka baby cabbages in our house) to your family if they haven’t had them before.
Oh, yeah, and it is really simple to make (and did I mention that it only uses one dish!!) My husband isn’t the biggest fan of chicken, but this is one way I make it that he actually not only tolerates, but enjoys it. If this isn’t your thing, check out my other simple recipe ideas to find one you love.
Easiest Roasted Chicken Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash the chicken and pat dry.
- Using your hands, rub butter over the outside of the chicken and place it in a roasting pan or 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the spices.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts around the chicken and baste chicken and sprouts with juices and more butter if desired.
- Roast an additional 10-20 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
What’s your easiest one pan meal idea? Let me know!