People love sweets, and my mission is to prove to people that when they change their eating habits they don’t have to lose delectable treats. Whether you’re paleo, primal, gluten-free, grain-free, or just eat whole foods, there are always ways to enjoy some desserts that are made from nothing but whole simple ingredients. Just to keep you grounded, that doesn’t mean we should eat something like this every day for every meal, even though I want to. Foods like this just provide you with healthier alternatives to processed foods and you know EVERYTHING that goes into it.
I also have a secret to share. Before I started my Paleo journey, I had never cooked before unless it was a microwaved meal or cut and slice cookie dough. Since we shouldn’t use a microwave as Katie talked about here, and pre-made cookie mix makes me sick, I had to learn how to cook. The best part of my journey has been realizing that cooking real foods that nourish my body has been both simple and enjoyable. When I first realized I had to learn how to feed myself 3 meals a day, I was overwhelmed with anxiety and had no idea where to start. Luckily, my body’s need to eat took over and I jumped the largest hurdle in the whole process. I took a step forward and started.
Which leads me to you. I hear it daily that people can’t cook, or that recipe is too complicated, or I don’t know how to bake. Well I have a question for you: What is the worst possible thing that will happen if you try? We all fell on our face crawling, but eventually learned how to walk. We all fell off our bikes, but still learned how to ride. I hit a few mailbox posts and curbs while learning how to drive, but I still got my license (I am a better driver now though, I swear). Moral of the story is whether you have never cooked before or you have failed numerous times, get in the kitchen and make some deliciousness. Our health and well-being depends on it.
Donut Holes Recipe
My philosophy when it comes to life and cooking is to just have fun. There should be no pressure and no attachments to outcomes. As long as you give it your best and have fun, the results don’t matter. When you put that love and joy in your food, the creations and flavors that emerge will be indescribable. Life is what you will be experiencing and it is a truly amazing. Now go enjoy some chocolate that I put my heart into to share with you.
Glazed Chocolate Donut Holes Recipe
- Preheat your cake pop maker or oven to 350°F
- Place a medium sauce pan over low heat and add your chocolate and coconut milk
- Stir continuously until you form a creamy coconut milk chocolate
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Place your 2 eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer or a mixing bowl and use a whisk or a hand mixer
- Whisk on high until your eggs become foamy and fluffier
- Fold in your coconut milk chocolate and mix well
- Add your almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and mix well
To Bake in the Cake Pop Maker
- Once it is preheated, fill a ziploc bag with your batter, cut a small corner off and use it to pipe your batter into your cake pop maker
- Fill to just above the rim and then close the lid
- Cook for 5 minutes, open, turn the donut holes over, close the lid and cook for 2 more minutes
- Remove from the cake pop maker, place on a plate and place in the freezer for 45 minutes
To Bake in the Oven:
- You can make these in a donut pan, muffin tin, or anything else that makes you happy
- Fill a ziploc bag with your batter, cut off a corner, and use the bag to pipe your batter in your donut pan, muffin pan, etc
- Place in your preheated oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from the oven, let cool, place on a plate and stick in the freezer for 45 minutes
Chocolate Glaze Recipe
- Combine your coconut cream concentrate (coconut butter), coconut oil, and honey in a tall glass and mix extremely well
- Remove your donuts from the freezer and dip in the glaze one at a time, setting on parchment paper to set after dipped
- You can do it once to have a thin coat or dip multiple times after the glaze has hardened to make a thicker glaze
Ever made healthy donuts? Ready to try this delicious recipe? Share below!