Thanks to reader Sarah for passing on this great tip for a healthy banana bread recipe! She modified my apple cinnamon coconut flour muffins to make a healthy grain-free banana bread recipe with coconut flour.
This wasn’t a recipe I’d tried myself, because I’m not much for bananas and just hadn’t had a desire to make banana bread. I made these for my kids and was surprised to realize that I actually liked them. This is actually a big deal for me, since this is one of the first things with banana I’ve been able to eat in years! In fact, I might actually like these more than the original muffins.
If you are a banana bread fan… definitely try these!
Coconut Flour Banana Bread Muffins
Grain Free Banana Bread & Muffins
Yield 10 muffins
A tasty grain-free muffin that banana bread lovers will enjoy
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Put all ingredients in medium sized bowl and whisk using strong whisk or immersion blender.
- Mix until smooth and well incorporated. Batter should be thick, but if it is too thick, add a little milk to thin, but don't let it get runny at all.
- Spoon ¼ cup into each hole of prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes until lightly browned and set in middle.
Make sure your bananas are good and ripe -- yellow with lots of brown speckles
Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8.1 g
Saturated Fat 4.4 g
Cholesterol 94 mg
Sodium 190 mg
Total Carbohydrates 13.6 g
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 4.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Thanks again to Sarah for sharing her recipe! I definitely recommend these!
What’s your favorite grain free recipe? Will you try these? Tell me below!