I have a confession to make…
When I was younger, I didn’t like anything pumpkin or spice. I thought I hated pumpkin pie and pumpkin lattes and stuck to relegating pumpkins to a fate of jack-o-lantern-dom. Then, one night, while visiting some friends on a college campus and staying up way too late, we were given coupons for free pumpkin spice lattes at the campus coffee place.
I thought I didn’t like them, but they were free so they were worth a try. To my surprise, I found that I liked the pumpkin flavor, a lot! Granted, I’m sure it was genetically modified, high fructose corn syrup sweetened and non-organic pumpkin spice flavor, but Pumpkin spice lattes were my gateway pumpkin product.
I soon found that I liked pumpkin pie (here’s my healthy version) and other pumpkin flavored dishes. My most recent favorite is this pumpkin spiced meltaways recipe. In fact, I sometimes eat pumpkin pie (unsweetened) for breakfast while sipping a pumpkin spice latte.
Pumpkin Spice Everything…
Now in the Fall, I love all things pumpkin spice and scented candles used to be my favorite. After I learned all of the potential problems with most candles, I wanted to find a more natural alternative for making my home smell like Fall.
This simple room spray is my solution. I’ve made many homemade air fresheners with the same recipe (I’ll be sharing more soon) but this is by-far the best one for Fall. It uses essential oils and smells crisp, spicy and sweet. These same oils can be used in a diffuser for a longer-lasting air freshener as well.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Spray
For this recipe, you will need:
- Essential oils: I used Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove, Cardamon, Ginger and Orange
- A glass spray bottle – I used this one, but you can make one by adding a spray top to an old apple cider vinegar bottle
- 8 ounces of water (preferably filtered or distilled)
- 20 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 15 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 15 drops ginger essential oil
- 15 drops cloves essential oil
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- 5 drops cardamon essential oil
- Add water and essential oils to a glass spray bottle.
- Put cap on and shake well before each use.
- To use: Spray into air throughout the room.
Do you love pumpkin spice like me? What is your favorite scent for fall?