Grilling season is a great time of year because it makes my husband love to cook! Plus, fewer dishes and mess in the kitchen is a bonus. This grilled pork loin recipe is one of our favorites to make and an easy alternative to the typical burgers on the grill.
Pork loin is a relatively inexpensive cut of meat and usually not my favorite since it can be quite tasteless. I discovered this recipe because pork loin was the only meat I had on hand and barbecue sounded good. I had no idea how it would turn out, but I was shocked at how good it was!
How to Make Pork Loin for the Grill
I usually cook pork loin in the oven, often with apples or balsamic vinegar (similar to this pork chops with apples recipe). The grill gives the meat that great smoky flavor and really locks in the juices.
This recipe does not require any marinating so it’s an easy last minute meal, too. Combine honey, butter, and a whole lot of spices to make a rub to season the pork. It may take a little time and patience to wait for it to cook, but it’s so worth it in the end!
We make this recipe all the time now, especially for company. It’s great served with fresh green salad, sweet potatoes, and grilled seasonal veggies (you can never have too many veggies!).
Not summer? Cook it in the oven at about 300°F for several hours, and broil for a few minutes at the end for a crispy sear.
Other Healthy Recipes for the Grill
Grilling doesn’t always have to be a meat-heavy meal. Try these other great grilling recipes with lots of fresh ingredients, like:
- Grilled Thai Shrimp Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Pineapple Kebab Recipe
- Grilled Citrus Chicken Salad
- Grilled Yellow Squash Recipe
Let me know which ones you try, and please share your favorite grilling recipes in the comments!
Grilled Pork Loin Recipe
- Rub the butter or oil on the pork loin, coating well.
- Rub the honey evenly over the pork loin.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, herbs, and spices.
- Sprinkle the spice mix evenly over all sides of the pork loin and pat well.
- Grill over indirect heat for 60-90 minutes to an internal temperature of 155-160°F.
What is your favorite way to cook pork? Ever grilled it?