Pork Loin is a relatively inexpensive cut of meat, and in my opinion, is also tasteless! I usually cook pork loin in the oven, often with apples or balsamic vinegar.
I may never do this again! Last weekend, I attempted to grill a pork loin. I had no idea how it would turn out, but it was the only meat on hand, and barbecue sounded good. I was shocked at how good it was!
It took a while, but tasted great and lasted for several meals worth of leftovers.
Grilled Pork Loin Recipe
Yield 6 +
Smoked pork loin on an outside grill for a simple meal idea.
- I didn't have time to marinate, so I didn't!
- Rub the butter or oil on the pork loin, coating well.
- Mix spices, salt, herbs etc in a small bowl.
- Rub honey evenly over pork loin.
- Sprinkle powdered spice mix evenly and pat well.
- Put on a grill on low-heat for 60-90 minutes to an internal temperature of 155-160 degrees F.
Notes: I didn’t have a gas grill, so I used charcoal. It took a while, but the flavor was amazing. If you have a gas grill that actually stays hot, don’t put the pork loin over direct heat, but put it off to the side to make sure it is low heat.
What is your favorite way to cook pork? Ever grilled it?