Asian five spice is a blend of five spices (of course) and often salt. It is great for seasoning fatty cuts of meat like pork or duck but is also great on seafood. It is a staple in my kitchen. I make a large batch so I always have some on hand.
I often use this spice in stir frys and roasted meats or vegetables and I especially like it mixed into a blend of fresh orange juice, lemon juice, and honey. (Not sure if this a traditional use, but it is delicious).
Some other great ways to use this spice blend:
- Sprinkled on sweet potato fries for a delicious variation
- In chicken soup to change up the flavors
- On vegetable noodles, sautéed in a pan with coconut oil and tossed with cooked chicken or shrimp for a full meal
- On roasted chicken – aromatic and flavorful
- To spice up cashew chicken lettuce wraps
- On beef and broccoli stir fry
If five spice isn’t your type of seasoning, check out my other 13 homemade herb and spice blend recipes for one you’ll like!
Asian 5-Spice Seasoning Recipe
- Mix all ingredients and store in airtight container.
Ever tried an Asian five spice seasoning? How did you use it?