Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
I came up with the idea for these bacon chicken bites when I needed an idea for a potluck. I had chicken in the fridge that I was going to use for Parmesan chicken nuggets, so I made these up instead and had them done in less than an hour. The key is the honey, mustard, and garlic glaze. So, so yummy.
Bacon Chicken Bites with Garlic, Honey, Mustard Glaze
These bacon chicken bites really are simple to make. First, I cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Well, bite-size-ish. They’re really two or three bites I guess.
Then, I wrapped each piece in a third of a piece of bacon. I found that as long as the ends of the bacon were on the bottom side of the chicken, I didn’t need to secure them with a toothpick. The toothpicks are handy for easy skewering at a potluck though.
Last, I mixed up a quick honey, mustard, and garlic glaze and brushed it over the bacon chicken pieces before cooking. The kids love helping with this part.
Even though I originally created this recipe as an appetizer, we like them so much that I’ve made them for dinner many times. We like to have finger-food dinners occasionally, so it’s fun to pair them with raw veggie skewers.
Note: If you like your bites a little crisper, I suggest pouring off the liquid in the bottom of the baking sheet a few minutes before they’re done cooking.
It can often be hard to find grain-free, dairy-free, healthy options when we get invited to a potluck. These bacon chicken bites are my solution. I make up a plateful to bring and that way we always have something we can eat.
They’re also sure to be a crowd pleaser. I haven’t found many people who don’t like these savory appetizers. So make sure you make enough, or you might not get any!
Here are some more grain-free appetizer ideas that I like to make:
- Baked coconut shrimp with piña colada sauce
- Bacon wrapped salmon patties (really tasty and a great way to use canned salmon)
- BBQ chicken ranch nachos (alright, these ones are a little more work, but they’re so tasty!)
- Greek meatballs
- Healthy French onion dip
- Layered taco dip (not my recipe, but I can totally see myself making this with my own taco seasoning and guacamole)
- Shrimp and cucumber appetizer (super fast, easy, and healthy)
- Smoke salmon dip (with cottage cheese)
In the meantime, give these protein packed bacon chicken bites a try!
Bacon Chicken Bites Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the bacon slices in to thirds.
- Cut each chicken breast into about nine pieces.
- Wrap each chicken piece with a piece of bacon and place on a baking sheet with the ends of the bacon on the bottom, or secure with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, honey, and spices and pour/brush on top of each piece of bacon wrapped chicken.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is browned and chicken is completely cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve.
What’s your favorite potluck or picnic recipe? Want to try these for your next outing? Share below!