I’m here today with someone who’s a living legend in the health world. Dr. Alejandro Junger is the New York Times bestselling author of multiple books, including Clean, Clean Gut, and Clean Eats. He trained in internal medicine in New York and completed a fellowship in cardiology at Lenox Hill Hospital.
In addition, Dr. Junger studied Eastern medicine in India and now brings the wisdom of Western and Eastern medicine together in his work. He also serves on the advisory council for Genexa, the company changing children’s over-the-counter meds for the better (check a store near you soon!).
Many celebrities and doctors I respect follow his approach, and it’s my privilege to sit down with him today on the podcast.
Episode Highlights With Alejandro Junger
- How adrenals work and why they’re so important to the body
- The causes of adrenal fatigue, and why so many of us are affected
- Why the gut is the most vulnerable to the outside world
- Ways to follow nature’s blueprint for a healthier life
- Which “detox” or “cleanses” have benefits… and which are gimmicks
- The ways the body’s natural detoxification processes work (and how we can help them along)
- How our thoughts affect our physical health
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Genexa (natural and non-GMO saline, cold and flu, sleep aids, and other OTC meds)
Books by Dr. Junger
- Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body’s Natural Ability to Heal Itself
- Clean Eats: Over 200 Delicious Recipes to Reset Your Body’s Natural Balance and Discover What It Means to Be Truly Healthy
- Clean Gut: The Breakthrough Plan for Eliminating the Root Cause of Disease and Revolutionizing Your Health
Did you enjoy this episode? What other questions do you have about adrenals? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Organifi and I’m so excited to tell you about them! Here’s a confession… I’ve known about them for a long time and even though so many of my friends and experts I trust rave about them, I never tried their stuff until recently because I thought… how can it actually be that good? Well, I tried it and it turns out that it is not only that good, it’s even better! Organifi has green juice, red juice (which is an antioxidant red drink that is delicious) and a golden milk turmeric drink, along with a plant-based protein shake. They are all organic and they actually taste good, unlike a lot of other green drinks and protein powders. I’ve especially been loving their red juice lately… it tastes amazing and has a blend of antioxidants from strawberries, cranberries, blueberries and pomegranates along with beets, cordyceps, reishi, rhodiola, and more. This particular blend is formulated to increase energy, boost metabolism and reduce factors that lead to aging. Their green juice is minty and delicious and has almost 800 5-star reviews… You can check it out, along with their whole suite of products and save 20% by going to https://organifi.com/wellnessmama/ with coupon code WELLNESS20.
This podcast is also brought to you by Good Culture. Good Culture makes amazing cottage cheese. I know, I know, not necessarily words you would put in the same sentence. But theirs is awesome, I promise, even if you don’t love cottage cheese. Basically, it’s naturally fermented cottage cheese so it’s free of gums, fillers, and additives and it’s packed with probiotics. And because it’s made naturally it doesn’t have that weird mouthfeel that a lot of cottage cheese has. So, I use it all the time in cooking and smoothies as a substitute for other types of cheese, or just a meal on the go. You can find it at Whole Foods and many other grocery stores and it comes in yogurt-sized cups too, and those are perfect for meals. Check them out. It’s Good Culture and they are available at many grocery stores.