I’m here today with someone you have probably heard of and possibly enjoy as much as I do. JP Sears is a YouTuber, a comedian, an emotional healing coach, and fun fact which you may not know, a serious world traveler and curious student of health. You’ve probably seen his funny and entertaining videos where he tackles some serious topics with grace and humor. His videos have accumulated over 300 million views, which is no small feat!
I’m excited to find out what JP has to say as we talk about building community, being open-minded, and learning how to have a serious conversation while still having a good time. If you want to hear more from JP, I linked to my favorite videos of his below and also check out The Awaken with JP Sears Show, his amazing podcast.
Episode Highlights With JP Sears
- How a health coach turned comedian (and we’re so glad he did!)
- Why JP loves to tackle controversial topics
- Why humor and difficult conversations actually go together
- A telltale sign that you’re overly controlled by fear
- An empowering method for dealing with anger
- Powerful ways to “mother” ourselves
- How JP and his wife handle their dietary differences (she’s vegan and he’s not)
- Ways to foster more real connection (even with those who disagree with you!)
- The importance of building a “tribe”
- Three steps to deal with negative criticism and stop letting it get to you
- JP’s daily routine and his non-negotiables for a healthy lifestyle
- How he manages his luxurious head of hair!
- And of course, plenty of laughs!
Resources We Mention
- Favorite JP videos:
Books JP Recommends:
More From Wellness Mama
- 247: Vaccine Injuries, Autism, and Homeoprophylaxis With Dr. Jeff Knight
- 230: How to Protect Your Mindset & Live a Balanced Life: Chalene Johnson’s Story
- 249: How to Harness Energy & Create Success From the Inside Out With Suzy Batiz of Poo~Pourri
- Talking to Yourself With Self-Compassion (& Why It’s Healthy)
- An Open Letter to Moms on Mother’s Day
Do you think JP is as hilarious as I do? What stood out to you in this interview? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Butcher Box, which has been my source for high quality meat for years. ButcherBox delivers healthy 100% grass-fed and finished beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door on a monthly basis. All their products are humanely raised and NEVER EVER given antibiotics or hormones. It’s hard to find high quality meat you can trust. ButcherBox is changing that. And they offer FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the 48 states. Right now, they have a special mystery offer just for Wellness Mama podcast listeners that is so good I can’t even tell you what it is publicly. When you go to butcherbox.com/wellnessmama you save $20 on your first box plus you get a special mystery deal that you can only unlock at that link. Butcher Box carries high quality organic, pastured and grass-fed meats and their bacon is a favorite with my kids! I usually create my meal plans around our monthly box by adding tons of fresh veggies from our local farmer’s market. Go to butcherbox.com/wellnessmama to get $20 off your first box + get a mystery special!
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic, creator of all things superfood mushrooms and founded by my favorite Finnish Fun guys. I love all of their products, and in fact, I’m sipping their Reishi hot cocoa as I record this. These superfood mushrooms are always a part of my daily routine with their coffee + lions mane or coffee +cordyceps in the morning for energy and focus without as much caffeine as coffee to their chaga and cordyceps in the afternoon for antioxidants and immunity and the Reishi elixir at night for improved sleep. They also just released skin care that so clean you not only can eat it…. But its encouraged. Their charcoal mask has activated charcoal to clarify, chaga and cacao for an antioxidant boost and other herbal and superfood ingredients. It’s so clean that it can literally be made into a cup of hot cocoa as well! Their superfood serum contains a blend of avocado and olive oils with Reishi and herbs for a hydrating skin boost. As a listener of this podcast, you can save 15% with the code WELLNESSMAMA at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama.