Danette May has an incredible story of healing and a complete mindset and lifestyle shift. She’s the best selling author of a book called The Rise as well as seven health and fitness books and programs. Danette brought all of her experiences together to cofound a company called Mindful Health.
Today I’ll also share some of the vulnerable parts of my own mental shifts over the last couple of years. Like Danette, I had to learn how to retrain my brain and make progress out of pain.
Episode Highlights With Danette May
- How Danette came to terms with paralyzing grief
- Why movement helps channel our thoughts
- How to find a way out of depression
- Why trauma can put the nervous system into overdrive
- Superfoods to incorporate in your diet every day (hint: healthy fats, cacao, turmeric, ginger, greens)
- Danette’s three pillars for a balanced life
- Tips for self-care and how to fit into even the busiest lifestyles
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Danette May
- The Rise: An Unforgettable Journey of Self-Love, Forgiveness, and Transformation by Danette May
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks
- Books by Napoleon Hill
- Cacao Bliss
More From Wellness Mama
- 138: How to Use Specific & Targeted Essential Oil Blends to Support the Brain & Parasympathetic Nervous System
- 230: Chalene Johnson on How to Protect Your Mindset & Live a Balanced Life
- 214: Using Mindset and Personalization to Make Lifelong Health Changes With Dane Johnson
- 349: How to Be Your Best in High Stress Situations With Former Army Ranger and CIA Agent Jeff Banman
- Health Benefits of Gratitude (& Why We Have to Work at It)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast episode is brought to you by Beekeeper’s Naturals, a company dedicated to protecting the bees while creating sustainably sourced bee products for our whole families. Without bees, our global food supply would collapse, so protecting the bees protects all of us. As a certified B corp, Beekeeper’s Naturals cares deeply about the environment, about the bees, and about their employees, and their customers and consumers, which is us. If you’re new to using bee products, I personally, recommend starting with the propolis spray. And this is a delicious way to support the immune system. And if you aren’t familiar with propolis, it’s really incredible. Propolis is the substance that bees use inside the hive to fight bacteria and any other pathogen or invaders that enter the hive. In fact, even if something as large as, like, a mouse should enter the hive, and the bees can’t get it out, they can encapsulate it in propolis to keep that from infecting the hive and creating all kinds of bacterial problems. Propolis is naturally antibacterial. It has a compound called pinocembrin that works as an antifungal, and it’s also an antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory. I personally spray it in my throat at the first sign of a tickle in my throat, or the sniffles, and I spray it on wounds and burns for faster healing. You can save 15% on propolis and all Beekeeper’s Naturals products as a listener of this podcast. To get the deal, go to beekeepersnaturals.com/wellnessmama, and use the code “wellness mama” to save 15%.
This episode is brought to you by Wellnesse. That’s Wellnesse with an E on the end, which is my new personal care company that is dedicated to making safe and effective products from my family to your family. We started with toothpaste and hair care because these are the biggest offenders in most bathrooms, and we’re coming after the other personal care products as well. Did you know for instance that most shampoo contains harsh detergents that strip out the natural oils from the hair and leave it harder to manage over time and more dependent on extra products? We took a different approach, creating a nourishing hair food that gives your hair what it actually needs and doesn’t take away from its natural strength and beauty. In fact, it’s specifically designed to support your hair’s natural texture, natural color, and is safe for color-treated hair as well. Our shampoos contain herbs like nettle, which helps strengthen hair and reduce hair fall, leaving your hair and scalp healthier over time, and scented only with natural essential oils in a very delicate scent so that you don’t have to worry about the fragrance as well. Over time, your hair gets back to its stronger, healthier, shinier state without the need for parabens or silicone or SLS. You can check it out along with our whitening toothpaste and our full hair care bundles at wellnesse.com, that’s wellnesse.com. An insider tip, grab an essentials bundle or try auto-ship and you will lock in a discount.