If you have any type of autoimmune disease, today’s episode is just for you. Andrea Wool is a personal trainer, a nutritional therapy practitioner, and the founder and CEO of Autoimmune Strong, an online fitness program designed specifically for those of us living with autoimmune disease, fibromyalgia, or chronic pain.
This mom of two boys struggled multiple autoimmune disorders for years. Through her program Autoimmune Strong, she’s now helping women all over the globe exercise properly and live their best lives with an autoimmune disorder.
Episode Highlights With Autoimmune Strong
- How Andrea’s life & body changed after childbirth
- Why traditional fitness routines can hurt instead of help if you have autoimmune disease
- How Andrea took her life back even after diagnosis of Hashimoto’s, celiac, and fibromyalgia
- How to exercise while driving, washing dishes, or doing other ordinary things
- Exercise intolerance: what it is and why the fitness community doesn’t talk about it enough
- Andrea’s take on whether or not cardio is good for you
- Top fitness mistakes (and best practices) for managing an autoimmune disorder
Resources We Mention
- Andrea’s Autoimmune Strong program
- Foam roller (or a natural cork version)
- How to make your own foam roller
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
Do you have an autoimmune disease? Has exercise hurt or helped?
If you’ve enjoyed this podcast episode, please take two minutes to leave me a review on iTunes. I value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well!
A Big Thank You to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Genexa – a company creating a new generation of over the counter medication that is cleaner, safer and healthier. Here’s what I mean…. They have a line of over-the-counter medicines and homeopathic that are all organic and Non-GMO verified, extensively tested and free of allergens, dyes and harmful additives. Created by two dads with a mission to find healthier products for their families, Genexa has natural sleep aids, pain relief topical gel, saline, heartburn remedies and much more. Check out the whole line at genexa.com/WellnessMama and use the code WELLNESS for 20% off your order!
This episode is brought to you by Mother Dirt. Are you too clean? Modern hygiene has led us to believe that all bacteria is bad, but bacteria are natural and ecosystems would crumble without it. Just like our gut needs good bacteria, the same goes for our skin. We used to get enough good bacteria through contact with dirt and nature, but many of us miss this in the modern world. Mother Dirt’s AO+ Mist restores the good bacteria on the skin that has been washed away by modern products. It contains a patented Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria (AOB) that works by consuming the ammonia in your sweat and producing beneficial byproducts for your skin, bringing balance to your skin biome. Plus, since ammonia is the stinky part of your sweat, the AOB in the AO+, 60% of Mother Dirt AO+ Mist users are able to stop using deodorant completely! Mother Dirt products are plant-based with minimal ingredients, gentle, are effective, and a healthy choice for the whole family. New customers save 20% on their first purchase with code FREESHIP20. Visit motherdirt.com/wellnessmama to learn more and buy now!