I created Wellness Mama for women and moms who want to live a healthier life. Along with our team of researchers and medical advisors, we analyze a wide variety of health, parenting, and natural living topics. Our goal is to give you practical tips, real food recipes, DIY beauty recipes, natural remedies, and more to help you make your life better. Which is why I’m so excited to share this resource with you!
As a busy mom, I’m always looking for more ways to save time when it comes to putting food on the table. So many people think healthy meals mean hours spent in the kitchen, but I’m here to tell you it doesn’t have to be that way!
The two changes that have made a tremendous difference for my busy family:
- Bulk cooking to save time and money each week – like using a capsule wardrobe for clothing, bulk cooking allows you to make “basics” each week that you can then use to build your menu each day.
- Making sure everyone gets enough protein – this helps with a number of things, including better focus, deeper sleep, faster recovery, and keeping my kids’ growing bodies fueled. More protein helps us stay full longer and means less snacks too!
I’ve found that cooking easy recipes in bulk helps me save time and my sanity. And now that my kids are older, they can help out in the kitchen with meal time too.
Some meal guides just include supper ideas, but this family-friendly bulk cooking e-book also includes breakfast ideas. This way you’re not relying on easy fixes like boxed cereal (or making bacon and eggs… again.) Plus everything is built around high-protein options.
The Power of Protein
I’ve had several podcast guests on over the years where our conversation has centered around the importance of protein. It seems to be a recurring theme amongst the experts how important quality proteins are to our health. This meal guide not only helps you prep food in bulk (without spending tons of hours in the kitchen), but it helps you navigate which proteins to choose.
It’s important to me to have variety in my diet so my body and metabolism stay flexible. The same goes for my proteins. Sometimes I’ll have chicken or fish and other days it will be beef, eggs, or other high-protein foods. This variety helps our family to get a full spectrum of necessary nutrients. It can be hard to get enough variety when you’re stuck in a food rut, which is when it’s nice to get inspiration from a meal plan!
Simple Bulk Cooking for Easier Days
Here are a few reasons why I love using this meal plan:
- The most time-consuming parts of cooking are done in advance, so hot meals only take 5-10 minutes to heat back up at meal times.
- The looser structure of bulk cooking lets me mix up flavors and meals daily based on what we’re in the mood for.
- I can easily shop only once a week (or send my oldest son to the store with a list).
- We eat more protein, which means better sleep, more energy, and better recovery after exercise (plus it’s great for growing kids).
- I save money because we don’t waste food!
- I have easy options ready to go on busy days, podcast days, or when kids need to pack food for activities.
Simplify your family’s cooking routine while making sure you still get healthy, fresh foods with my High-Protein (Family-Friendly) Bulk Meal Prep Guide. This sixteen-page guide is loaded with helpful tips and tricks to make cooking for your family easier and less stressful. Plus it features easy-to-follow recipes using your bulk cooked food. This guide has made our lives so much easier, and we never have to worry about what’s for dinner. It’s the cheat-sheet I wish I’d had years ago!
Download it here for free. Start simplifying your weekly meals and make sure your family is well-fed in less time.