In fact, as soon as I convince her to start a blog, I’ll be sharing all of her recipes because I’ve yet to eat anything she makes that isn’t amazing (plus, she completely decorated her own house and it looks incredible … she needs to blog! (*hint* hint* Whitney!)
Since it is made with a bone broth base (homemade or you can buy this great brand online), this soup is very nourishing and the natural sweetness of the carrots and sweet potatoes combine well with the savory broth. My kids all love this soup and have asked for it several times since then. It freezes really well, so I’ve started making double or triple batches so I have fast and easy meals on busy nights.
If this will be served on its own as a meal, pre-cooked chicken or nitrate-free sausage can be added for protein.
Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
- Trim off the tough green end of leek, then slice leek lengthwise and rinse out. Slice leek halves into 1/4-inch slices.
- Trim carrots, wash and slice diagonally.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Pour coconut oil in the soup pot and sauté the leek until translucent but not brown.
- Add carrots and sweet potatoes and toss for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer, cover, and cook gently for 30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
What is your favorite soup? Share in the comments below!