I’m a big fan of fast and easy meal ideas, especially ones made from all natural ingredients. My husband is a fan of pastas and Italian food, and this recipe is a winner with both of us! The main part of this recipe can be prepared in a slow cooker early in the day and the cabbage “noodles” can be made in minutes for a fast dinner on busy nights.
It may sound strange to use cabbage for noodles, but it is excellent, especially in this recipe. I love that the kids get extra vegetables, and they enjoy the “pasta” without the need for grain-based noodles. If you aren’t a cabbage fan, you can use a spiralizer to make noodles out of zucchini or another vegetable.
Chicken Cacciatore Recipe (Over Veggie Noodles)
A simple and easy dinner idea for busy nights... delicious chicken cacciatore over roasted cabbage veggie noodles. Flavorful and delicious with extra nutrients from the cabbage and all the taste of traditional chicken cacciatore!
- Slice the onions and put them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Dice the chicken and put it on top of onions.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices and pour over the chicken and onions.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 2-4 hours until chicken is done.
- Toss the mushrooms in for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- 10 minutes before the chicken is done, heat the cobnut oil in a skillet.
- Very thinly slice the cabbage and saute until soft.
- Serve the chicken mixture on top of the cabbage “noodles”
You can also cook the chicken in the oven for 1 hour if you don't want to use the slow cooker.
What is your go-to easy meal idea for busy nights? Share below!