I’m a big fan of fast and easy meal ideas, especially ones made from all natural ingredients! My husband is a fan of pastas and Italian food, and this recipe is a winner with both of us!
The main part of this recipe can be prepared in a slow cooker or crock pot early in the day and the cabbage “noodles” can be made in minutes for a fast dinner on busy nights! I love that the kids get extra vegetables, and they enjoy the “pasta” with the need for grain-based noodles.
It may sound strange to use cabbage for noodles, but it is excellent, especially in this recipe. If you aren’t a cabbage fan, you can use a spiralizer to make noodles out of zucchini or another vegetable.
- Slice onions and put in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Chop chicken into cubes and put on top of onions.
- Mix the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and spices and pour over the mix.
- Cook in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or high 2-4 hours until chicken is done.
- If using mushrooms, throw them in for the last 30 minutes.
- minutes before chicken is done, very thinly slice cabbage and saute in oil or butter until soft.
- Serve the chicken mixture on top of the cabbage “noodles”
- Note: Can also cook chicken in the oven over onions for 1 hour if you don't want to use the crock pot.
What is your go-to easy meal idea for busy nights? Share below!