I’m a big fan of fast and easy meal ideas, especially ones made from all natural ingredients. My husband is a fan of pastas and Italian food, and this recipe is a winner with both of us! The main part of this recipe can be prepared in a slow cooker early in the day and the cabbage “noodles” can be made in minutes for a fast dinner on busy nights.
It may sound strange to use cabbage for noodles, but it is excellent, especially in this recipe. I love that the kids get extra vegetables, and they enjoy the “pasta” without the need for grain-based noodles. If you aren’t a cabbage fan, you can use a spiralizer to make noodles out of zucchini or another vegetable.
Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
A simple and easy dinner idea for busy nights... delicious chicken cacciatore over roasted cabbage noodles. Flavorful and delicious!
- Slice the onions and put them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Dice the chicken and put it on top of onions.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices and pour over the chicken and onions.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 2-4 hours until chicken is done.
- Toss the mushrooms in for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- 10 minutes before the chicken is done, heat the cobnut oil in a skillet.
- Very thinly slice the cabbage and saute until soft.
- Serve the chicken mixture on top of the cabbage “noodles”
You can also cook the chicken in the oven for 1 hour if you don't want to use the slow cooker.
What is your go-to easy meal idea for busy nights? Share below!