This is a recipe I’ve been experimenting with for a long time and it has taken several botched batches to get it right (of chocolate… oh darn).
I finally feel like it is blog ready, and I’ll be serving this at our annual “Jingle and Mingle” Christmas Party tomorrow, so I’ll let you know how they think it is.
Delicious Chocolate Truffles
These truffles are mostly healthy, and certainly on the healthier end of the dessert scale. They are perfect for date nights, formal parties, or anytime you want to make chocolate a little healthier.
Did I mention they are also super easy?
Yield 8 +
Delicious homemade chocolate truffles with coconut oil or butter, whipping cream and organic dark chocolate and topped with nuts, toasted coconut or fruit zest.
- Melt the coconut oil (or butter) and heavy cream in a pan and bring to a strong simmer
- Pour the chocolate in a medium sized bowl and pour the hot oil/cream mixture over the chocolate
- Stir slowly with a whisk to incorporate until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add 2-3 drops of mint, lavender, or orange essential oil if you want to (mint is really good)
- Put bowl in fridge for a couple of hours
- When the chocolate mixture has gotten firm, remove the bowl from the fridge and using a spoon or melon spoon, scoop out small amounts of the chocolate mixture.
- Roll into 1 inch balls using your hands and then roll in cocoa powder.
- Can also drizzle with more melted chocolate and coat with toasted coconut, finely ground nuts, orange zest, etc.
- Enjoy... a lot!
The many health benefits of coconut oil, the deliciousness of chocolate… what do you think? Will you try them?
If you’re looking for another kind of healthy dessert, check out my dessert recipe index or try one of these:
- Homemade chocolate
- Coconut Butter Cups
- probiotic marshmallows
- Pumpkin Spice Meltaways
- Coconut Milk Panna Cotta Recipe
- Coconut Macaroons
- Grain free Pecan Pie
- Glazed chocolate donut holes
What’s your favorite chocolate dessert? Share below!