Cauliflower is not a vegetable my husband loves, in fact, he doesn’t care for it at all. He eats it (when I load it with butter), but it is certainly not on his favorite list … except when I make it like this. Everyone in my family ate this, including our one-year old, who also is not a big cauliflower eater.
The old saying about the way to a man’s heart being through his stomach … one word: bacon! This recipe was actually the result of a simultaneous pregnancy craving for cauliflower, bacon, and cheese, and it is GOOD! Loaded bacon cauliflower is a mixture of a loaded baked potato and macaroni and cheese.
Beyond tasting good, cauliflower is also super healthy. It is very high in vitamin C, and also contains a good amount of vitamin K, several B vitamins, and potassium. And it’s so versatile! Mash it to create pseudo “mashed potatoes”, roast it with a drizzle of olive oil and some spices, or cheese and bacon it up like in this recipe.
Loaded Bacon Cauliflower Recipe
- Cook the bacon on the stove in a large skillet until crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking, slice or cut the cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Remove bacon from pan, leaving drippings.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Add butter if desired and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Crumble bacon on top of cauliflower, and sprinkle cheese on top of that.
- Leave on heat an additional 1-2 minutes to melt cheese.
What’s your favorite use for cauliflower? Do you use it to substitute for any foods? Share your tips below!