A light and fruity chicken salad that can be made on the go, this salad is a reminder of summer, even when there is snow on the ground. I often make a salad like this for lunch at least a few times a week.
Pick your own homemade dressing, or just squeeze a lemon or orange over with a drizzle of olive oil for a dressing.
To modify for the 30-Day Autoimmune Reset, just omit the eggs and any seed or nut based spices.
Note: This salad makes a great mason jar salad. The basic idea is that by layering the wet ingredients and meat at the bottom with the dressing and the vegetables at the top, you can pre-make and preserve perfect portion size salads.
For this, I put the chicken, dressing and eggs, then the cucumber, orange, strawberries and greens and capped tightly so it was ready to go for lunch.
Grilled Citrus Chicken Salad
Yield 2 +
A delicious salad with grilled chicken, cucumbers, extra protein from eggs and a hint of citrus.
- 2 (or more for leftovers) large chicken breasts (or 4 thighs)
- 1 orange, lime or lemon
- 1 Chopped cucumber
- 1 apple, peeled, sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup slice strawberries (optional)
- 2 or more hardboiled eggs
- lettuce or spinach for salad
- homemade dressing of choice
- Bake Chicken in oven for approx 1 hour (or slice and pan fry) with sliced orange, lemon or lime and spices on top (salt, pepper, cilantro, garlic, etc) or just sprinkle some lemon juice on for flavor
- Hard boil 2 (or more for leftovers) eggs and let cool
- Prepare lettuce or spinach in bowls
- Chop cucumber, apple and other veggies if desired and put on lettuce
- Prepare homemade dressing of choice (last week’s meal plan has these)
- When chicken is done, slice or cube and put on top of salad
- Top with dressing
What is your favorite salad? Tell me about it below!