Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes Recipe
A more nutritious version of mashed potatoes made with buttery cauliflower instead!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1-2 heads fresh cauliflower roughly chopped into uniform, large pieces OR 1-2 bags frozen
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP cream cheese or sour cream optional
- 2 TBSP or more Parmesan grated (optional)
- salt pepper, garlic powder, and other spices to taste
In a large pot
, bring a couple quarts of water to a boil.
Add cauliflower and cook until tender.
Transfer cooked cauliflower to large bowl and add butter and optional cream cheese or sour cream and Parmesan.
Use immersion blender or hand mixer to blend until smooth and creamy. This is the most important step ... chunks of cauliflower are a giveaway!
Sprinkle with extra cheese if desired and serve warm.
Top with fresh chopped parsley or chives for a nice garnish!
Option for Instant Pot:
- Wash and quarter cauliflower, removing leaves and stem.
- Add steamer/trivet basket to Instant Pot along with 1 cup water.
- Add cauliflower pieces.
- Set to manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Manually vent/release pressure.
- Open, drain, and remove inner basket.
- Gently squeeze any remaining liquid out of cauliflower and return to pot.
- Add other ingredients and whip until creamy!
Serving: 3/4 cup | Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7.3g | Saturated Fat: 4.8g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 48mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 1.6g