Gluten-Free Pizza (Meatza) Recipe
Homemade pizza with a meat crust and pizza toppings is a more filling and gluten and grain free way to make pizza.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated, divided)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup nitrate-free pepperoni (or ham, cooked chicken or sausage, optional)
- ½ cup onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup mushrooms (sliced)
- ¼ cup black olives (sliced)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Grease a rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil and set aside.
In medium bowl, mix together the ground beef with eggs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, and all the spices.
Mix well by hand until incorporated.
Spread onto the prepared baking sheet.
Roll or press the meat onto the bottom of the cookie sheet by hand.
Put meat into the preheated oven and cook about 10 minutes until browned and most moisture has cooked off. It will reduce in size quite a bit! Just make sure it is cooked enough, you want it pretty solid.
Remove the meat from the oven and switch the oven to broil.
Spread the pizza sauce over the meat “crust” then top with the pepperoni or other meat if using, sliced veggies, mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese.
Put back into the oven under the broiler and watch closely. It will only need to cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 4-5 minutes.
Remove, let cool 3 minutes, slice, and serve.
- You can use a mix of Italian sausage and ground beef for the base if you'd like.
- Use whatever pizza veggies for topping you prefer. I recommend putting some very thinly sliced onions on the top of the mozzarella which brown nicely and add a nice crunch.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 1116mg | Potassium: 812mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1420IU | Vitamin C: 21.3mg | Calcium: 281mg | Iron: 4.9mg