Today should be an extra fun interview! Sarah Fragoso is an international best-selling author of five books and founder of the Everyday Paleo brand. She is one of the first people I connected with when I started blogging years ago, and I used to actually guest write on her blog, so we’ve been friends for a long time.
Sarah Fragoso has over a decade of experience as a certified strength and conditioning coach. She is co-owner of JS Strength and Conditioning in Chico, California, and holds a degree in psychology as well as certifications in mindfulness, which we’re going to talk about today. Sarah helps women all around the world with her thriving online platforms and her seminars and retreats.
Her latest book is called Hangry, it’s co-authored with Dr. Brooke Kalanick and will be released by the time you’re listening to this. You can get it anywhere books are sold, and I definitely recommend checking it out!
Episode Highlights With Sarah Fragoso
- The reasons hormones control so much in a woman’s body
- Why there can’t be a one-size-fits-all diet plan that works for everyone
- Hidden triggers for food cravings and how to rewire them
- Our own experiences when it comes to body image and self-acceptance
- Why weight loss involves our thoughts and emotions as much as our physical bodies
- Strategies for shutting down self-criticism
- Simple ways to restore joy and gratitude when it feels hard to find
- How to make a new health habit that sticks
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Hangry: 5 Simple Steps to Balance Your Hormones & Restore Your Joy
- 104: Uncovering the Root Causes of PCOS, Endometriosis, and More (Wellness Mama Podcast with Dr. Brooke Kalanick)
More From Wellness Mama
- 212: How to Release Cravings and Emotional Eating With EFT
- 87: How to Stop Emotional Eating (From a Nutritionist Who Lost 100 Pounds!)
- 143: Thomas DeLauer on Reducing Inflammation, Curcumin, Keto for Women, & Easy Weight Loss
- 95: The Science of Sustainable Weight Loss with Bright Line
- 84: How to Use Ancient Spices to Make Weight Loss Easier
- How to Lose Weight Fast
- How to Gain Weight Healthily
- How to Fix Leptin Resistance to Control Weight, Cravings & More
- On Women & Weight: A Manifesto
Do you have questions for Sarah? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Magic Spoon Cereal. I know, I know, never thought you’d hear me recommend cereal, did you? That’s because almost every cereal out there is full of refined sugars and grains and often GMO ingredients and dyes. Yet, Americans certainly love it! In fact, the average American consumes 100+ bowls a year, and that number accounts for people like me who don’t consume any at all! Now, cereal lovers can rejoice that there is a high protein, low carb, grain-free, gluten-free, nothing artificial, childlike cereal for grown-ups. With 12 grams of protein per bowl and only 3 grams of carbs it tastes like the cereal you remember but without the sugar high or the guilt! Check out magicspoon.com/wellnessmama for all the details.
This episode is brought to you by Alitura Naturals skincare. You guys loved the founder, Andy, when he came on this podcast to talk about his own skin healing journey after a tragic accident that caused massive scarring on his face. From this experience he developed some of the most potent and effective natural skin care options from serums to masks and the results are visible in his perfectly clear skin that is free of scars! I love the mask and use it a couple times a week, and often use the gold serum at night to nourish my skin while I sleep. All of their products have super clean ingredients and they really work! Andy is absolutely dedicated to creating the highest quality products possible and it shows. Check them out at alituranaturals.com/wellnessmama and use the Discount code “wellness” to get 20% off.