Sometimes on this podcast we talk about all things poo (because it’s important!), and today is no exception. Dr. Marisol Teijeiro is a naturopathic doctor who took her own challenges with irritable bowel syndrome and created a platform with solutions to help others. Her patients have affectionately and humorously crowned her “Queen of Thrones,” a title she wears proudly!
For the last 15 years, Dr. Marisol has trained and educated healthcare practitioners and helped thousands of patients transition from irritable bowel to own their throne and thrive. She also has a lot of expertise surrounding castor oil and its benefits for the digestive system, so we’re going deep on that today.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Marisol Teijeiro
- The health problems that plagued Marisol all her life, and how she finally got to the bottom of it
- The 5 pillars of digestive and overall health that changed her life
- One thing that might be undermining your cleanse or detox
- How to do a castor oil pack, and why they benefit the body
- What we can learn from paying attention to poo
- The power of stress to undo even the healthiest habits, and how to protect against it
- What biofilms are and how to beat them
- The many uses of castor oil from digestion to longer eyelashes
- How to set our kids up for lifelong digestive health
- A surprising way to trigger oxytocin in the body
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 258: Beating SIBO, IBS, and Histamine Intolerance With A Gutsy Girl Sarah Kay Hoffman
- 219: Why Everything We Know About Probiotics Is Wrong & How to Stop Leaky Gut With Microbiologist Kiran Krishnan
- 205: Everything You Need to Know About GMOs, Glyphosate, and Gut Health With Dr. Zach Bush
- 96: Using Natural and Traditional Medicine to Fix the Gut Microbiome With Dr. Ken Brown
- What Our Poop Reveals About Digestive & Gut Health
- How to Test Your Gut Microbiome (At Home Without a Doctor)
- How to Make & Use Castor Oil Packs
- How to Use Castor Oil for Hair (Grow Beautiful Hair Fast)
Have you ever struggled with a gut issue? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Branch Basics. They are one of my favorite companies because they are tackling two major problems with one simple solution. We’ve all heard about the problems with single-use plastic and how they are polluting the environment, how the overuse of plastics is bad for us as humans. And if you’ve read my blog, you’re also well aware of the potential pitfalls of harsh household cleaners, especially if you have kids in the house. Branch Basics helps on both of these fronts. They have the world’s safest non-toxic cleaning concentrate that is plant-based and biodegradable so it’s safe for the environment. Since it is a concentrate, a single bottle lasts a really long time which drastically cuts down on extra plastic bottles that you would get if you bought cleaners already pre-made. It’s gentle enough to be used on skin, even for babies, but strong enough to clean floors or greasy messes and even treat paint stains. And I use it to make an all-purpose cleaner to treat stains in the laundry and even use it as laundry soap. Their bottles are all reusable or you can do what I do and mix everything in reusable glass bottles instead. You may have seen on my IG how I used their cleaning concentrate and oxygen boost to wash my white couches naturally. Basically, I use Branch Basics in some way every single day. Check it out and grab some of your own at BranchBasics.com/wellnessmama and save 15% with the code MAMA15.
This episode is sponsored by Crunchy Betty products. Here’s a secret- while I have a post about making my own deodorant, I haven’t actually done it in a couple of years because I found Crunchy Betty Kokomo Cream deodorant and realized it works just as well! It doesn’t cause irritation and is made by a small family business. Not to mention it smells like the tropics and one small jar of this deodorant lasts for months! I love that it uses minimal (recyclable) packaging and because it lasts so long, there’s virtually no waste! For me, it completely stops any odor and keeps me fresh all day, even when working out. Check it out on at etsy.com/shop/crunchybetty or grab it on Amazon at crunchybetty.com/wellnessmama.