In this episode Leah Segedie of Mamavation.com and I talk about motherhood, problems in our food supply, GMOs and how to test for glyphosate.
GMOs & How to Test for Glyphosate
Leah Segedie is the founder of the Mamavation website, a highly passionate online community of moms. She started this community after she lost 100 pounds and learning the true meaning of health.
She now teaches “digital moms” healthy living practices to combat disease in their home. Her Mamavation community members have lost over 3,500 lbs collectively. Leah is a very passionate food activist and she regularly organizes petitions, twitter parties and blogging efforts to support her real food activism.
Leah was named as Mom of the Year by Shape Magazine and has received various other awards for her blogging and activism.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- The true power of moms that many of us don’t even realize
- How we (as moms) control trillions of dollars each year
- The real way to affect long term change
- About Leah’s 100 pound weight loss and how she accomplished it with baby steps
- Her advice for anyone looking to lose weight
- The real issue when it comes to GMO labeling
- Why GMOs are such a problems
- The difference between true GMOs and selective hybrids
- The chemical that Columbia recently stopped using on its crops (including cocaine) that is still approved and used in the US
- The most likely and dangerous GMO foods
- How to test your urine, water or breastmilk for glyphosate
Resources We Mention
- Shift Con Social Media Conference
- Feed the World
- Leah on Twitter
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining me this week. Please leave any comments or feedback in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this interview, please share with family and friends via email or using the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest rating and review of the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher so you don’t miss any future episodes. Rankings and reviews really matter in the rankings of my podcast and I greatly appreciate every review and read each one.