Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry
Yield 4 -6
Simple stir fry with shrimp, squash, peppers, onions, spices and optional cream cheese sauce is a fast meal idea.
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen shrimp
- 3-4 medium or large size summer squash or zucchini (or mixture)
- 4-5 sweet peppers (green, yellow, orange or red)
- 2-3 spicy peppers (optional)
- 2-3 onions chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil, coconut oil or butter
- 4 oz cream cheese (optional, organic if possible)
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper and basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Thinly slice onions and peppers, toss into skillet or wok on medium/high heat with butter, olive oil or coconut oil.
- While that cooks, peel squash and cut down the middle lengthwise. Cut long strips into 1/2 inch pieces. Add to skillet or wok.
- Saute for 10 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Throw in defrosted, pre-cooked shrimp. (may be a little extra work here if you have raw, unpeeled shrimp. If you have frozen, cooked shrimp, run under hot water for a couple minutes to defrost)
- Add spices to taste.
- Continue cooking until shrimp are heated.
- Add cream cheese and stir well to melt (optional! It tastes great without it too)
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/990/spicy-shrimp-stir-fry/