Grilled Thai Shrimp Recipe
Yield 6 +
A fast shrimp recipe that uses Thai flavors of citrus, garlic, peppers, and honey for a sweet and savory meal.
- Place shrimp in medium sized bowl.
- Peel ginger root, mince finely, and sprinkle over the shrimp.
- Peel and mince the garlic and sprinkle over the shrimp.
- Zest the orange and lime over the shrimp, then juice both and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, honey, coconut aminos, sriracha, salt, and pepper
- Pour the oil/honey mixture over the shrimp and spices in the bowl.
- Stir gently to evenly coat all shrimp.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Allow shrimp to marinate for about 10 minutes and then thread them on skewers for grilling.
- Pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for at least five minutes.
- Grill shrimp for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked.
- Brush with heated marinade during cooking if desired. This can also be used as a sauce and served with shrimp over rice.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe uses coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. Not familiar with it? Check out this post.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.2 g
Saturated Fat 1.4 g
Cholesterol 318 mg
Sodium 581 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16.1 g
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 35 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/98755/grilled-thai-shrimp/