Yield 6 +
A delicious grain free paella made with cauliflower rice and choice of meat, sausage, or seafood (or all of them) for a filling and healthy meal.
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a large flat skillet.
- Saute the chorizo until browned and remove from pan.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to pan.
- Cook until cooked through and browned and remove.
- In the skillet, saute the finely diced onion, tomatoes, bell pepper and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Using a food processor or cheese grater, grate the cauliflower until it is in small, rice-size pieces.
- Add the cauliflower to pan with the vegetables.
- Pour in chicken broth and clam stock.
- Add saffron, salt, black pepper, and paprika and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- While that is simmering, add ½ inch of water to a small pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the clams and oysters cook at least 5 minutes until they have opened up. Do not use any that don't open! Cook oysters and set aside.
- When the cauliflower is starting to get tender, add the shrimp and continue to cook until pink.
- When shrimp and cauliflower are cooked and cauliflower is bright yellow from the saffron, add the cooked sausage, chicken, clams, and oysters to the top of the pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and squeeze lemon wedges on top just before serving.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 8.2 g
Cholesterol 224 mg
Sodium 1453 mg
Total Carbohydrates 22.8 g
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 39 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/8518/cauliflower-paella/