Liver & Onions (with Bacon) Recipe
Yield 4 -6
An incredibly nutrient dense and delicious liver and onions recipe topped with bacon (because it makes everything better).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brown bacon in a pan and reserve grease.
- Wash the liver and slice in to thin (1/4 to 1/2 inch) slices.
- Rinse well and pat dry.
- Mix the coconut flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with the bacon grease.
- Dredge the liver slices in the coconut flour mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Thinly slice the onions into rings and layer on top of the liver mixture.
- If desired, sprinkle onions with additional spices.
- Cut butter in to small pats and place over sliced onions.
- Add water to the pan to keep all moisture from cooking off.
- Place in oven and cook at least 30-40 minutes until well cooked and onions are soft. It may take up to an hour depending on the thickness of the liver slices.
- While cooking, crumble or cut bacon into little pieces.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with bacon pieces.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/8391/liver-onions-bacon/