Greek Stir Fry
Yield 4 -6
A delicious and simple stir fry recipe inspired by the flavors of Greek cuisine! Fast to prepare!
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen Green Beans
- 1 large Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Butter or coconut oil
- 1 15-ounce can of Canned/Jar Diced Tomatoes (BPA free)
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 1 teaspoon Basil Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder or 1 clove fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaf
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add diced onion.
- Cook three minutes or until starting to become translucent.
- Add ground meat and cook until well browned.
- While cooking, add spices.
- Mince 2 tablespoons of fennel greens and 2 tablespoons of fennel bulb and add to pan.
- Add finely minced mint to pan.
- Once meat is browned, add the diced tomatoes (drain off liquid first!), green beans and any additional spices if needed.
- Cover pan and simmer 15+ minutes or until all vegetables have softened.
- Check after ten minutes and add a couple tablespoons of water or chicken broth if needed.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/8242/greek-stir-fry/