Soothing Honey Cough Syrup Recipe
This soothing cough syrup uses honey, herbs and citrus to calm coughing and sore throat.
- Pour the water into a medium saucepan and add the dried herbs.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until the volume is reduced by about half. (You will need 1 cup of liquid after herbs are strained off)
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove herbs (compost the herbs!).
- While liquid is still warm (not boiling) mix with lemon juice and honey and stir well.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/7969/herbal-cough-syrup/