Pumpkin Chili Recipe
A hearty and delicious chili with a hint of pumpkin flavor (and all the added nutrients of delicious pumpkin!)
- 1 pound ground beef (or bison, venison, etc)
- 2 onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can of BPA free diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (15/16 ounce) can or jar of tomato sauce
- 1 (15/16 ounce) can of pureed pumpkin or 2 cups of fresh roasted pumpkin puree
- 1 cup homemade beef broth or stock
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 avocado
- cheese and sour cream to top
- sliced green onions as garnish (optional)
- Brown beef in large stock pot.
- When beef is almost completely cooked, add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the pureed pumpkin, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, stock and spices.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and flavors are incorporated.
- Top with sour cream, cheese or avocado slices if desired and enjoy!
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/7154/pumpkin-chili/