Beef and Broccoli stir fry is an easy and simple recipe and one of my go-to favorites on busy nights. It can be made quickly, especially if you have a wok, and reminds me of the beef and broccoli I always used to order at Chinese restaurants (before I found out about all the stuff besides beef and broccoli that they put in it!). It’s also a kid-favorite at our house!
As a bonus, it takes just minutes to make so it is a great meal for busy nights. Can be served over rice if desired. We use white rice instead of brown.
To make autoimmune friendly:
- Use coconut oil in place of butter
- Check ingredients in fish/oyster sauce
- Omit arrowroot and sesame seeds
Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
Yield 4 -6
- 2 lbs of thinly sliced strip or sirloin steak
- 2 lbs of broccoli, cauliflower or mixed
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp Coconut Aminos (similar to soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp oyster or fishsauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- arrowroot to thicken
- Sesame seeds (optional-topping)
- Marinate beef in coconut aminos at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight
- Cook broccoli in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender, pour into strainer to remove any excess liquid
- While cooking broccoli, combine coconut aminos, fish sauce and broth in bowl or shake in canning jar until well-mixed, set aside.
- Drain any liquid off beef and put into pre-heated skillet or wok with butter
- Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so
- Add sliced onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes
- Add broccoli, cook one additional minute
- Pour sauce over until just heated.
- Top with sesame seeds if desired.
What’s your favorite type of stir fry? Tell me below!