Beef and Broccoli stir fry is an easy and simple recipe and one of my go-to favorites on busy nights. It can be made quickly, especially if you have a wok, and reminds me of the beef and broccoli I always used to order at Chinese restaurants (before I found out about all the stuff besides beef and broccoli that they put in it!). It’s also a kid-favorite at our house!
As a bonus, it takes just minutes to make so it is a great meal for busy nights. Can be served over rice if desired. We use white rice instead of brown.
To make autoimmune friendly:
- Use coconut oil in place of butter
- Check ingredients in fish/oyster sauce
- Omit arrowroot and sesame seeds
Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sliced beef and ¼ cup coconut aminos and marinate at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and cook it in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender.
- Drain the broccoli.
- While the broccoli is cooking, whisk together the remaining 3 teaspoons coconut aminos, fish sauce, broth, and arrowroot and set aside.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet and add the butter or coconut oil.
- Drain any liquid off the marinated beef and put into the preheated skillet or wok.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked broccoli and cook one additional minute.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked meat and vegetables and heat until warm and thickened slightly.
- Top with sesame seeds if desired and enjoy.
What’s your favorite type of stir fry? Tell me below!