Yield 4 +
Delicious and simple caprese salad with tomatoes, mozarella, basil, olive oil and spices.
- 4-5 medium size tomatoes, sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch (good rule of thumb is one per person)
- One slice raw mozzarella cheese per tomato slice
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste
- Slice tomatoes in1/4 or 1/2 inch slices, discarding top and bottom slice.
- Layer tomatoes and slices of mozzarella on serving dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic salt if desired
- Sprinkle with shredded fresh basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Some people like to drizzle the finished salad with balsamic vinegar. I prefer ours plain, but if you like balsamic vinegar- drizzle away!
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/621/caprese-salad/