Cauliflower Beef Stroganoff
Yield 4 +
A more nutrient-dense take on a comfort food classic beef stroganoff using steamed cauliflower instead of noodles. Gluten free with dairy free option.
- 1 pound sirloin or round steak, cut into thin strips (or can use stew meat filet or other cut)
- 4 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil for dairy free option)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup sour cream, (optional)
- Thinly slice steak into as thin of slices as possible (this may be easier to do when it is still slightly frozen or using kitchen shears).
- Melt butter in large skillet and add slices of meat.
- Thinly slice the onion and add to the pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until meat has started to brown and onions are translucent. While this is cooking, cut cauliflower into florets and steam in a separate pan.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and add to pan.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper and tarragon (can sub herbs de provence if available).
- Add beef broth and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 8 minutes until meat is tender and mushrooms have softened. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, if using.
- Stir until well incorporated.
- Serve this mixture on top of soft-steamed cauliflower.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/61305/cauliflower-beef-stroganoff/