Roasted Cabbage Slices Recipe
- 1 head of cabbage
- 3 tablespoons+ of oil (I prefer coconut oil)
- 1 TBSP of salt
- 1 TBSP of pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of favorite herbs like basil, caraway seeds, dill, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the cabbage starting at the top of the head so that the inner pieces for circles within the slices. Aim for 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- Oil a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place the cabbage on the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil. You may need to melt it if using a solid oil like coconut oil or tallow.
- Sprinkle with desired spices (it is even delicious with just Himalayan salt !) and place in the oven.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender in the middle and sides are just starting to turn golden brown. Remove and serve.
- I enjoy this plain or topped with an over-easy egg for breakfast.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/5909/roasted-cabbage-slices/