My name is Katie and I love cabbage. I never really thought I’d say that. I’m not a huge fan of cole slaw. In fact, I usually use broccoli instead of cabbage when making it. I’m part Irish though, so I have a soft spot for cooked cabbage, but this recipe definitely tops the list.
These roasted cabbage slices are crazy good! They are also so easy that I feel bad posting them as a recipe! All you have to do is cut a cabbage into slices, drizzle with oil, sprinkle on some salt and pepper, and roast them! They are crunchy and salty, but still healthy.
My kids like these and we sometimes even use them as the “spaghetti” for spaghetti and meatballs. I like them topped with an over-easy egg for breakfast. If you don’t like cabbage, I’d encourage you to try this recipe … the “cabbage” taste really disappears and leaves a sweet and roasted treat.
So keep an eye out this summer when you’re at the farmers market and snag a couple cabbages, or try growing a few of your own!
Roasted Cabbage Slices Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the cabbage starting at the top of the head. Aim for ¼-½ inch slices.
- Oil a baking sheet with 1 Tablespoon of the oil.
- Place the cabbage on the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil. You may need to melt it if using a solid oil like coconut oil or tallow.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any additional desired spices and place in the oven.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender in the middle and sides are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove and serve. Enjoy!
What is your favorite way to cook cabbage? Share below!