These avocado breakfast cups are an easy and filling breakfast recipe. You can pop them in the oven while you shower or get the kids dressed. The healthy fats and protein from the eggs gives you lasting energy and the creaminess of the avocado is great with egg.
There are also endless toppings you could add: diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, feta cheese, salsa, some raw cheese, a dash of hot sauce, etc. Personally, I love adding salsa and hot sauce.
I originally saw a similar idea on Pinterest, but made a few modifications to get the texture better. If you’re an avocado fan, try these! I like topping them with feta and green onions, or salsa and cilantro …
Some people do not like the texture of cooked avocado. If you aren’t a huge avocado fan, you probably won’t like this cooked variation any more than fresh avocado, and I wouldn’t try this one.
Avocado Breakfast Bake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit.
- Put avocados open side up in a large baking dish. If they are small avocados, scoop out a little of the extra flesh to make more room for the egg.
- Crack one egg into each avocado half and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg is cooked as desired. For my oven, 17 minutes gets the perfect egg yolk.
- Top with desired toppings while still hot and enjoy!
Ever tried a Pinterest recipe? Like avocados? How do you prepare them? Share below!